Launched in 2019, the NESG Bridge Fellowship is an initiative of the Nigerian Economic Summit Group (NESG) in collaboration with LEAP Africa. The goal of the Fellowship is to equip a new cadre of young visionary leaders with leadership, research and policy advocacy skills to contribute to policy reform in diverse policy areas towards National transformation.
Selected participants will undergo a rigorous and engaging capacity development process to contribute to knowledge and policy advocacy on a national level. The Bridge Fellows will be mentored by members of the NESG expert network, participate actively at the Nigerian Economic Summit and will also be assigned to the respective NESG Policy Commissions, Roundtables and Communities of Practice as technical anchors to have hands-on experience in the area of Policy Advocacy, Research and Leadership. The Bridge Fellows will also be required to carry out a social impact project as their capstone project.
At the end of the fellowship, the fellows become Alumni members driving the NESG Community of Practice on Youth to champion reforms in various thematic areas and volunteer in different NESG Reform Platforms as technical anchors.
The Bridge Fellowship programme since its inception has had two (2) cohorts and 54 young leaders are being trained with hands-on, pragmatic experience in policy formulation, development and reform craft.
The NESG Bridge Fellowship is open to young Nigerians that meet the following criteria:
• Are between the ages of 22 to 35 on or before the application deadline
• Are not employees or immediate family members of employees of the NESG and LEAP Africa
• Are able to undergo rigorous research training for a period of 15 months
• Are committed to attending online training and available for mentoring throughout the Fellowship period
• Are currently employed or self-employed
• Are proficient in reading, writing and speaking English (this will aid participation and help in getting the full benefits of the fellowship)
• Have at least a Bachelor’s degree
• Have a minimum of 3 years post-NYSC working experience