Posted Tue, Jun 14, 2022 2:47 PM
Timeframe: Thu, Jun 30, 2022 2:00 PM - Thu, Jun 30, 2022 7:00 PM
The strategic thrust of the event is to examine the place of Tourism and Hospitality under the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria and how the judgment of the Supreme Court (SC) in the Honourable Minister for Justice and Attorney-General of the Federation vs. Honourable Attorney-General of Lagos State (the “Hotel Licensing Case”), has impacted the sector’s development and growth.
Also, to Reposition the Tourism and Hospitality Sectors in Nigeria for Global Competitiveness, Sustainable Growth, Profitability, and Development.
Objectives of the webinar:
- Examine best practices in the legal/ regulatory framework for the Tourism and Hospitality Sectors.
- Examine current issues/Identify gaps in the Legal/Regulatory Framework for the Tourism and Hospitality Sectors in Nigeria and their Socio-Economic impact.
- To evaluate the aftermath of the Supreme Court decision.
- To examine the validity of the consumption taxes imposed by State Governments, vis-à-vis the SC decision, as well as the recent judgment of the Federal High Court in the Attorney General of Rivers State v. Federal Inland Revenue Service and the Attorney General of the Federation.
- To examine the challenges in Tourism and Hospitality sectors and proffer solutions, including opportunities that abound for industry practitioners.
- To discuss viable ways of pushing the Tourism and Hospitality sectors into the forefront of national discourse.