The objective of the Manufacturing & Mining Policy Commission (MMPC) is to act as a private-public policy dialogue for the sector with a view to fast-tracking manufacturing and mining growth of the economy. Below are the core objectives:
1. Provide a platform for public-private sector dialogue on Manufacturing & Mining issues.
2. Analyze and determine priority issues for Private Sector Development in Manufacturing & Mining to be reviewed through various Discussion Series to establish consensus on policy options, implementation strategy/framework, and evaluation mechanism.
3. Support the agreed priorities, policies, implementation, and evaluation framework.
* Still in process of having our first thematic meeting for the years but sub meetings are ongoing as we’re bring together people who are willing and ready to work for the policy commission.
* The thematic group lead for mining is already on board as she would come on board fully after May 9th 2019.