Please send your CV on no more than 2 A4 pages (Minimum font size 10) AND an accompanying covering letter of no more than 2 pages (Minimum font size 10) answering the following questions to email@example.com, with the Job Title as the Subject :
- What is your motivation for wanting to join the PIC?
- What are the top three key attributes you would bring to the PIC?
- In your opinion, what are the three top policy priority areas that PIC should be involved in or working on in Nigeria?
The PIC is the first national-level body of its kind tasked with applying behavioural insights and other innovative policy tools in Africa. To improve the design and implementation of government policies and programmes in Nigeria through lessons from behavioural and social science as well as other policy tools. Working with public bodies, the private sector, NGOs and the international community, the PIC will also support ongoing efforts on critical priorities such as the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). The PIC is an initiative within the NESG that is sponsored by Rockefeller Philanthropy Advisors, with the support of the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation.
• We are looking for a graduate/post-graduate within a behavioural science study background and ideally with 3+ years’ experience in applying behavioural science to public policy or policy related fields.
• You are a Nigerian Passport Holder/National.
• You are also driven to make an impact in line with the PIC vision and mission, while at the same time contributing to a fun and high achieving team environment.
• (If you do not meet the eligibility criteria but are still interested in being involved with the work of the PIC then please send in a CV and covering letter explaining your interest and skills, following the guidelines for applying below. There may be other opportunities in the future as the PIC establishes itself)
• Conduct experimentation and research (potentially both in the field and lab) using a variety of methodologies including RCTs, surveys, etc.;
• Contribute to the drafting of research outputs, including presentations and manuscripts on PIC research and work; Contribute and lead on developing innovative tools for applying in PIC research and work;
• Contribute and lead on data analysis and other analysis on PIC relevant work;
• Contribute and lead to stakeholder engagement activities; and
• Support the Deputy Director and Executive Director in other designated PIC activities.
Behavioural insights/science/economics education and knowledge the field;
• Experienced in research design and application methodologies;
• Proficiency in use of Statistical software (SPSSS, STATA) and NVIVO;
• High level of proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and internet applications;
• Experience working and communicating with government officials and other external partners;
•Ability to collaborate and operate as part of a multi-cultural and diverse team; and
• Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
• Adaptability/Decisiveness Attention to Detail Commitment to Continuous Learning
• Team player