The Agriculture and Food Security Policy Commission engages in advocacy to follow through agriculture specific issues with a view to ensuring the formulation, adoption and implementation of appropriate policies on agro-industrial development in the agro industrial space and food and nutrition security as a whole.
The overarching objective of the Agriculture & Food Security Policy Commissions is to facilitate the adoption of various NES recommendations with a view to fast-tracking growth and development of the economy.
It is therefore against this background that NESG is working with select players in the Agricultural sector with the view to contribute meaningfully to the body of actionable solutions which the public and private sector is encouraged to adopt towards weathering the current economic and environmental downturns. In particular, the commission is poised to enhance its operational processes to engage policy institutions and government agencies to follow-through the implementation of policy recommendations from previous annual summits and continue on year-on-year monitoring of such recommendations and other economic activities of the government.
* Development of a National Strategy for Post-Harvest Management
* Creating Linkage within the Agricultural value chain (Primary production – Processing – Logistics – Sales & Marketing)
* Advocacy for the passage of Agribusiness Bills
* Play the role of Dialogue Partner with the Government to develop and implement friendly policies for an enabling business environment in the Agriculture Sector
* MEETING WITH ICRC TO DISCUSS IMPLEMENTATION FRAMEWORK FOR THE MoU BETWEEN ICRC AND NESG TO PROMOTE PPP INFRASTRUCTURE DEVELOPMENT IN NIGERIA AS WELL AS RELATED RESEARCH NEEDS